Berkley Announces Pro Team for 2013
COLUMBIA, S.C. – Berkley announced today the bass fishing professional bass angler team for 2013. Included on the list are Bassmaster Classic Champions, FLW Champions, Anglers of the Year and the last three B.A.S.S. Rookies of the Year winners.
The team includes 31 professional bass anglers competing in B.A.S.S. Elite Series, B.A.S.S. Opens, FLW tournaments and PAA events. Added to the team is Larry Draughn, a former U.S. Marine Corporal injured while on patrol in Afghanistan, losing both legs and two fingers in his right hand. Draughn will be angling in the B.A.S.S. Open tournaments from a custom bass boat designed to aid his maneuverability.
"Anglers across the country look to our Berkley team to learn the newest fish catching techniques," said Chris Hockley, Berkley Marketing Manager. "We also listen closely to what our anglers have to say as their input helps us create new baits and line. We are extremely proud of our team, their accomplishments and their influences and are looking forward to a great year."
On the Berkley team of fishing pros are past Classic Champions Mike Iaconelli , Paul Elias, Skeet Reese and reigning champion Chris Lane. Iaconelli, Gary Klein and Reese have also earned B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year awards. Brandon Card was the 2012 B.A.S.S. Rookie of the Year; Ott Defoe won the award in 2011 and Bradley Roy hoisted the same in 2010. Scott Suggs is a former FLW Cup champion.
The Berkley bass pros will be representing the various brands throughout the year on the tournament trails and in promotional endeavors. In addition, these anglers provide invaluable input into the development of new fishing products.
Fishing B.A.S.S. Elite Series:
- Casey Ashley (Berkley Line)
- Brandon Card (Berkley Line)
- Josh Bertrand (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Ott Defoe (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Paul Elias (Berkley Line)
- Charlie Hartley (Berkley Line)
- Mike Iaconelli (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Gary Klein (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Bobby Lane (Berkley Soft Plastics)
- Bill Lowen (Berkley Line)
- Britt Myers (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Brandon Palaniuk (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Keith Poche (Berkley Line)
- Jason Quinn (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Skeet Reese (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Marty Robinson (Berkley Line)
- Scott Rook (Berkley Line)
- Bradley Roy (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Fletcher Shryock (Berkley Soft Plastics)
- Michael Simonton (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Byron Velvick (Berkley Line)
Fishing B.A.S.S. Opens, FLW tournaments and PAA events:
- Guy Eaker (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Glenn Browne (Berkley Line)
- Scott Canterbury (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Clay Dyer (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Larry Draughn (Berkley Soft Plastics)
- Mark Goines (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- J T Kenny (Berkley Line)
- Justin Lucus (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Jacob Powroznik (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
- Scott Suggs (Berkley Line and Soft Plastics)
About Pure Fishing, Inc.
Pure Fishing, Inc. is a leading global provider of fishing tackle, lures, rods and reels with a portfolio of brands that includes Abu Garcia®, All Star®, Berkley®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Pflueger®, Sebile®, SevenStrand®, Shakespeare®, SpiderWire®, Stren®, Trilene® and Ugly Stik®. With operations in 19 countries and a dedicated workforce conversant in 28 languages, Pure Fishing, Inc. is part of Jarden Outdoor Solutions, a leader in developing outdoor and active lifestyle products and a subsidiary of Jarden Corporation. Additional information can be found at www.purefishing.com.
About Jarden Corporation
Jarden Corporation is a leading provider of a diverse range of consumer products with a portfolio of over 100 trusted, quality brands sold globally. Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia®, Aero®, Berkley®, Campingaz® and Coleman®, ExOfficio®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, Invicta®, K2®, Marker®, Marmot®, Mitchell®, Penn®, Rawlings®, Shakespeare®, Stearns®, Stren®, Trilene®, Völkl® and Zoot®; Consumer Solutions: Bionaire®, Breville®, Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Patton®, Rival®, Seal-a-Meal®, Sunbeam®, VillaWare® and White Mountain®; and Branded Consumables: Ball®, Bee®, Bernardin®, Bicycle®, Billy Boy®, Crawford®, Diamond®, Dicon®, Fiona®, First Alert®, First Essentials®, Hoyle®, Kerr®, Lehigh®, Lillo®, Loew Cornell®, Mapa®, NUK®, Pine Mountain®, Quickie®, Spontex® and Tigex®. Headquartered in Rye, N.Y., Jarden ranks #371 on the Fortune 500 and has over 23,000 employees worldwide. For in-depth information about Jarden, please visit www.jarden.com.