Berkley & Abu Garcia Student Angler Program
FAQ and Contact Information
Why should I choose the Berkley & Abu Garcia Student Angler Program?
- The Berkley & Abu Garcia Student Angler Program provides high school and college fishing teams with resources and opportunities to become successful during practice and while competing against other schools. Through product and jersey discounts, fundraising and pro mentorship opportunities, we hope to set our high school and college clubs up for success.
How does my HS/College club sign-up for the program?
- Click here to learn more and enroll.
How many teams can be in the program?
- The cutoff for this program is 500 teams total, from both high school and college.
How do I access the product discount?
- Once teams complete the enrollment form and are accepted into the program, they can expect to receive a welcome email within seven business days, which will include information on Berkley and Abu Garcia product discounts. Discounts will vary based on product category. Please allow 1-3 weeks for your team to be processed in our product discount component. If you still do not receive access, reach out to us at BAGSAP@purefishing.com
What are the benefits of ordering team jersey’s through your program?
- Teams will be able to choose from a variety of designs, colors, and jersey styles. Teams can add their own logos, angler names, and additional, non-competing sponsors. Additionally, teams will be saving up to 35% off retail prices.
How does my team order the discounted jerseys?
- We will provide access to the discounted jersey vendor’s websites and ordering instructions in our welcome email once teams are enrolled. The team’s coach or chairperson will be able to fill out an online form to order team jerseys.
Does every team have pro mentorship?
- This piece of the program will be exclusive to the first 100 teams that are enrolled in our student angler program due to our limited number of pro anglers on staff.
How long will the Berkley & Abu Garcia Student Angler Program run?
- The Berkley & Abu Garcia Student Angler Program will run from September 2018 through August 2019; at which point teams will have the opportunity to re-enroll for the 2019-2020 academic year.
What is included in the fundraising opportunity?
- Teams will have the opportunity to raise funds from a carefully curated catalog of exciting products. We encourage team members to enlist the help of their community, family and friends to purchase product that will help them catch more fish, and support their local fishing team. Teams will receive 30% of total sales to invest back into their fishing clubs.
When will our fundraising order be delivered?
- Pure Fishing will fulfill and ship orders to individual schools in February of 2019 for the Fall 2018 fundraiser. For the Spring 2019 fundraiser, please refer to the updated chairperson’s guide for more information.
How will our orders be dispersed to us?
- Fundraising orders will be shipped directly to each school that participated. Anglers on the team will be responsible for dispersing orders to those they sold to.
How long is the fundraising term?
- Teams can begin fundraising when they receive their packets. The spring fundraiser will run through the month of February, and order forms must be postmarked and mailed back by March 8th, 2019.
How do we pay for our fundraising orders?
- Payment by check or credit card is permitted. We recommend that teams collect payment from contributors at the time each order is made.
Is there only one selling season?
- Many teams requested that we extend the fundraising selling season from the fall into the spring semester. You asked, and we listened! Spring 2019 fundraising packets will be shipped out the week of January 21, 2019 for those participating teams. The spring selling season will last through the month of February, and orders are to be postmarked no later than March 8th.
When should we collect our money?
- It is recommended that the collection of payment is at the time orders are taken.
What if my club does not want to participate in the fundraising piece?
- On the enrollment form, clubs must mark if they would like to participate in the fundraising component. There is no obligation to participate in the fundraising program.
For further enquiries, please contact us at BAGSAP@purefishing.com or (1-800-228-4272)